Motivating Words: Quotes About Putting Yourself First
Simply showing up and taking care of yourself are the two most important factors in determining whether or not you will be successful and happy in life.
Reading quotations is, in our experience, a fantastic way to reconnect with one’s heart, soul, aspirations, and goals. This is something that we have discovered to be true time and time again.
People may use them as markers to remind them of the ideal versions of themselves, the feelings they want to feel, and the way they want to live their lives.
On the path to spiritual and personal growth, individuals learn the significance of accepting and loving themselves as well as taking care of themselves.
They serve as the foundation upon which you might construct a prosperous life for yourself.
The following is a compilation of over 101 statements on the topic of “showing up for yourself,” with the goal of reminding you how important it is to take care of yourself and to be present both for yourself and for the people around you.
The Finest Quotes About Putting Yourself First
1. “There are times when I give the impression that I have more of my act together than I really do. When I really do have everything under control, I can’t help but give the impression that I’m not. I’m through with acting. I’d rather simply be happy with whatever my sh*t is at the moment, and still try my best to show up, as I am. ” -Scott Stabile
2. “Stop moaning about it and get something done. Be quiet! Take a stand! Grow up! And don’t be late! I’ll see you at the summit! ” –Israelmore Ayivor
3. “Showing up” starts a long time before you really take your place at the beginning. In a world where most individuals speak more than they act, you must demonstrate that you are an exception. The absence of action renders one’s intentions meaningless. If you let yourself down often enough, you will eventually feel empty within. Make yourselves proud. Take in as much as you can. “Put in an appearance.” —Gina Greenlee, Postcards and Pearls: Life Lessons from Solo Moments on the Road.
4. “The less I know, the more the world opens up before me, vast and ready to be explored. Because of this, I now have a better appreciation for what it feels like to be free. I am struggling against this feeling. But nevertheless, I am here. It is one letter at a time on this screen that brings me here. I have made it here, despite my throbbing eyes, painful neck, and hunched back. This is what it means to really make an appearance. This is what it looks like to put one’s faith in one’s calling. This is what it means to be a writer. -Jeanette LeBlanc
5. “Show up truthfully, and synergy will meet you there.” -Sanjo Jendayi
6. Greg Boyle is quoted as saying, “Simply showing up in the lives of children is everything.”
7. “The most beautiful individuals we have met are those who have seen defeat, known sorrow, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These are the ones who are the most beautiful. These individuals have a sense of awareness, sensitivity, and comprehension of life, which fills them with compassion, tenderness, and a profound, loving care for others. Beautiful individuals do not simply appear out of thin air.” – Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
8. “No matter how many challenges we endure from birth, the conclusion of letting out love and showing up identifies us as humans. Success wins human equality quietly.” -Kamini Arichandran
9. “Show up not to let everyone know how terrific we are, but to find out how great everyone else is,” -Simon Sinek.
10. “Simply putting in an effort to accomplish something, or even simply being there, is enough to make us more courageous. Self-esteem is tied to what you do” –Joy Browne
Display Quotations from Notable Individuals
11. “You yourself deserve your love and devotion as much as anybody else in the whole cosmos,” said Budda.
12. “Nourishing yourself in a manner that assists you in blossoming in the direction that you want to go is doable, and you are worth the effort. — Deborah Day
13. “There is nothing more rare, nor more beautiful, than a woman who is unapologetically herself, secure in her perfect imperfection. There is nothing more rare, nor more beautiful, than a woman who is unabashedly herself. That, in my opinion, is the very definition of what constitutes beauty. ” -Steve Maraboli
14. Because you only have a certain amount of time, you shouldn’t squander it trying to live someone else’s life. Dogma is defined as living with the conclusions drawn from the thinking of other people; thus, you should avoid falling into its grasp. Don’t allow the clamor of other people’s viewpoints to suffocate the voice of your own inner wisdom. Also, the most essential thing you can do is work up the guts to listen to your gut and your emotions. They have some way of anticipating what it is that you ultimately aspire to be. The only thing that matters is creating great products.” -Steve Jobs
15. “As you get older, you will realize that you have two hands: the first is for helping yourself, and the second is for helping others.” -Maya Angelou
16. “Taking care of yourself on the outside has very little to do with practicing self-care. It’s about embracing all of yourself.” -Tyra Banks
17. “Showing up” accounts for 80% of your achievement. -Woody Allen.
18. “Your genuine self will become stronger with each act of self-care that you do, while the critical and scared mind will grow weaker. Every act of self-care is a strong assertion that says, “I am on my side. I am on my side, and with each passing day, I am more and more on my own side.” — Susan Weiss Berry
19. “If you want to remain on the map, you have to keep turning up.” -Peter Gallagher
20. “What matters in life is that you give it your best shot and that you show up. Who knows what may happen when you show up to the performance fearlessly and give it your best effort; you never know what doors it could open. – Shangela
21. “The majority of your existence consists of just turning up. To quote Regina Brett: “You do the best you can, which fluctuates from day to day.”
22. When I liked myself sufficiently, I started walking away from anything that wasn’t good for me. This included things like other people, employment, my own ideas, and habits – basically everything that made me feel insignificant. The judge ruled that it was disloyal. Now I recognize it as an act of self-love. ” – Kim McMillen
23. Maya Angelou was quoted as saying, “Every time a woman stands up for herself, without knowing it, without claiming it, she stands up for all women.” Whenever a woman does this, she is really standing up for all women.
24. “Your compassion is insufficient if it does not encompass oneself,” said the Buddha.
25. “If you celebrate the things that make you unique, the rest of the world will, too. It believes everything you say it does, including the activities you do to take care of yourself, the choices you make to express yourself, and the words you use to define yourself. Tell everyone that you are a one-of-a-kind creation that was brought into this world to see awe and to provide happiness to others. You may anticipate that your needs will be met. -Victoria Moran
26. “The day you realize that your life is no longer controlled by anybody else will be the finest day of your life.” No apologies or justifications. There is no one to depend on, blame, or lean on for support. It is an incredible voyage, but the gift is yours, and you are the only one responsible for determining the caliber of that journey. This is the day that your life will start to become what it was meant to be. ” – Bob Moawad
27. “Showing up is not all there is to life—but it matters a lot,” is a quote attributed to Hillary Rodham Clinton.
28. “All you have to do is show up, and everything will take care of itself,” said Mother Teresa.
People should be recognized and rewarded for their brilliance, not merely for turning up, as Frank Sonnenberg put it.
30. “There is a version of yourself that you have not met yet. There is a version of yourself. Continue to appear until you are acknowledged by someone, ” – Jim Kwik
31 “The way you show up for yourself will speak volumes about how you will show up for others when the time comes.” When you’re empty, you can’t fill the cups of your neighbors or your loved ones any more than you can fill your own. Please take care of yourself. Please look after them. In the specific sequence given – Alex Elle
Quotes on the Importance of Being Present for Oneself
32. “What are you trying to conceal? Is it something you got from other people, or did you do it yourself? Get to the bottom of things. Brittany Burgunder said it best when she said, “The more you show up, the more you’ll be discovered.”
33. “Do not allow yourself to be misled by the obscure ideas that continue to circle about in your brain. To quote Israelmore Ayivor from Shaping the Dream: “Go and show the light that is inside you.”
34. Worthiness is there; it has always been there, and I pray you discover it today. These are the words of Harpreet M. Dayal.
35. “Until you appreciate yourself, you won’t value your time. You won’t do anything worthwhile with your time unless you learn to appreciate it. ” -M. Peck, Scott
36. According to Brené Brown, “there is nothing more courageous than showing up, putting ourselves out there, and allowing ourselves to be seen.”
37. “No one will love you if you don’t love yourself first. Not only that, but you won’t be able to love anybody else very well either. “Wayne Dyer” says that “love begins with the self.”
38. “You should always be your own biggest cheerleader.” If you put in the effort for yourself and have faith in what you’re capable of, you’ll be astounded at what you can do. -Alan Young
39. “It is very necessary to appear. Consistency is one of the strongest qualities. Even more effective is consistent attendance while maintaining a cheerful attitude. -Jeff Olson
40. “There are many other ways to define perseverance than winning and losing. According to Michael Chiesa, “perseverance” is defined as “showing up, rising to the occasion, and performing.”
41. “Who will show up for you if you don’t show up for yourself?” Alan Young
42. Harpreet M. Dayal advised his followers to “carry hope in their pockets and let it see the light of tomorrow.”
Brené Brown is quoted as saying, “The willingness to show up transforms us, and it makes us a little braver each time.”
44. “Show yourself how much you can rely on the person you’ve become,” said someone in the past, whose identity is unknown.
45. “Showing up for yourself in the ultimate sense means that you make choices that honor your emotional, physical, mental, and spiritual needs as they arise.” Unknown Author: “Showing up for yourself in the ultimate sense means that you make choices that honor your emotional, physical, mental, and spiritual needs as they arise.”
46. “Do yourself and the world a favor by learning how to show up for yourself. It will make a difference in both of your lives. ” —Author unknown
47. “Make an impression on yourself. Demonstrate to yourself that you are capable of developing and improving. It’s never about trying to beat anybody else at anything. When everything is said and done, it’s just you up against you. ” — Marcandangel
48. “Be nicer to yourself. And after you’ve done that, let your compassion overflow throughout the world. ” — Pema Chodron
49. Venus Williams is credited as saying, “You have to believe in yourself when no one else does; it makes you a winner right there.”
50. “I shall cherish the work in progress that is me this year,” said an unknown author at some point in the past.
51. “Being honest with yourself” is what “showing up for yourself in a genuine manner” means, according to an unknown author.
52. “Showing yo for yourself” implies you engage in acts of self-compassion and respect your own limits, as said by an unknown author.
53. “When you focus on showing up for yourself, you need to realize that removing toxic individuals from your life is a part of that process,” a quote attributed to an unknown author says.
54. “I have now come to the realization that taking care of oneself does not constitute self-indulgence.” Taking care of yourself is a kind of resistance,” Audre Lorde once said.
55. “There is no better gift that you can give or receive than to fulfill your calling. This is true whether you are the giver or the receiver. It is the reason you came into this world. And how you may become the most fully and authentically alive you possibly can. ” -Oprah Winfrey
56. “Regardless of how you may be feeling, get up. Do your best. Always keep fighting, and don’t ever give up! ” —Anonymous
57. When you’re in your twenties Your twenties are the years in which you should focus on yourself. This is a decade in which you should try to learn as much as you possibly can about everything. Be self-absorbed with your time and in every other facet of your life as well. Kyoka Escamilla said, “Tinker with sh*t, travel, discover, love a lot, love a little, and always keep your feet on the ground.”
58. Robert Brault is credited with coining the phrase “Be joyful, and the reason will come along.”
59. According to the teachings of Harpreet M. Dayal, “When you restore your spirit, its branches will yield the fruit that provides vigor back to your voice.”
60. Harpreet M. Dayal is quoted as saying, “I will continue to foster love for myself, and I will lean into its strength.”
Quotes from Unknown People Regarding the Concept of Appearing
61. “Make sure that you are taking care of yourself before you worry about anything else or anybody else. “Self-care is very necessary to ensure your health.” —Author unknown
62. “The connection you have with yourself determines how you will behave in every other relationship you have.” —Author unknown
63. Someone once said, “Once you’ve accepted your shortcomings, no one can use them against you.” This quote is attributed to an unknown author.
64. “Being vulnerable means putting yourself out there and letting yourself be seen. When we’re scared of what other people may see or think of us, it’s difficult to accomplish that. ” —Author unknown
65. “Perhaps avoiding bumps and scrapes in life isn’t the point. Perhaps it is about accumulating the scars as evidence that we participated in the activity. ” – Author unknown
66. Just keep showing up when the majority of others have given up. —Author unknown
67. “If there’s anything you want to happen, you have to make it happen. Be the one who steps forward and makes things happen. ” -Author unknown
68. According to a quote attributed to an unknown author, “The recipe for success is 2% skill, 8% luck, and 90% of turning up every day.”
69. “How you choose to show yourself in the world magnetizes what you attract to you,” said an unknown author.
70. “Bravery is the option to show up and listen to another person, be it a loved one or perceived opponent, even when it is unpleasant, painful, or the last thing you want to do.” — Unknown Author “Bravery is the choice to show up and listen to another person, be it a loved one or a foe.”
71. “There is a guy there. both for himself and for other people. He doesn’t hide, he doesn’t try to shift responsibility, he just comes up. And a guy comes up when he is injured, when he has done wrong, or when he has committed his own mistake. For both himself and the benefit of others. ” – Author unknown
72. “Show up in every single moment as though you were supposed to be there,” a quote attributed to an unknown author advises.
73. According to an unknown author, “Courage begins with turning up and letting yourself be seen.”
74. “Showing up for yourself should entail that you practice self-forgiveness,” said someone whose identity has been lost over time.
75. According to an unknown author, “Taking care of your mind, body, and soul is part of showing up for yourself.”
76. Believe in yourself; you’ve made it through a lot before, and you’ll make it through anything more life throws at you. —Author unknown
77. “Self-care is making time for yourself in the same way that you make time for others. Respecting the limits you have imposed on yourself is an essential part of practicing self-care. Self-care entails breaking the pattern of overextending oneself in ways that are detrimental to one’s health and exhausting. – Author unknown
78. To one’s own detriment. It is OK to not have everything sorted out right now. – Author unknown
79 Someone else’s wise words: “Create the life you desire by showing up.”
80. “This is your reminder that you are capable of big things.” You only need to start by showing up, “– Author unknown “This is your reminder that you are capable of great things.”
81. To quote an unknown author: “You can accomplish the hard things, and the first step is to show up.”
Quotes About Being Present for the Benefit of Others
82. “I’ve never held out. I am a first-rate companion in any kind of relationship. Because showing up is the first step toward improving oneself, Antonio Brown has said that he will “always show up” and that he will “do my bit” and “be ready to go.”
83. Julio Jones on his work ethic: “I’ve got to keep coming up every day and putting in an effort.”
84. “Be in” is all about following your heart. It is not long. We can accomplish a lot of exciting things in our lives, and I don’t think it’s worth it for either them or us if someone is just sort of showing up. — Brad Garlinghouse
85. “There is a purpose for each of us being in the other’s life. Give thanks to the individual who has made an appearance in your life. ” -Source unknown
86. “Simply being there for other people is worth ninety percent of the fight. Just make sure that your hair looks very adorable. ” -Author unknown
87. “There is no reimbursement for not showing up. Make a positive effort when you use it -Unknown
88. “It lives in the tiny things…the delight of people turning up,” said someone who wishes to remain anonymous.
89. Alan Young was quoted as saying, “If you show up for others, they’ll show up for you.”
90. “At that point, I had it all figured out. After a long time, I finally got it. It wasn’t the effort that was put in that mattered. The actual carrying out of the plan was what counted, as well as turning up for someone else. The motivation that was behind it was insufficient. Not for me. No more, though. Simply being aware that, on some level, he loved me was insufficient. You have to communicate your concern directly to another person and show them that you listened. And he simply didn’t. ” Jenny Han [quote] “Not enough.”
91. “My kids have shown me so many times that it’s not always about being the ideal person in the perfect place; it’s about showing up when you’re needed.” — Jill Biden My students have shown me that it’s not always about being the perfect person in the right situation.
92. According to Princess Diana, “each and every one of us ought to demonstrate how much we care for each other and, in the process, care for ourselves.”
93. “When it all boils down to it, that’s what life is all about: showing up for the ones you love, over and over again, until you can’t show up any more.” — Rebecca Walker
94. When you’re in a good mood, anybody may visit you. But those who remain by your side even while your heart is breaking are true friends. They are the real friends that you have. ” – Brigitte Nicole
95. According to Adriana Trigiani, “Love has a weird way of popping up when you aren’t looking for it and didn’t intend on it.”
96. Stacy Keibler is quoted as saying, “If I’m not satisfied with how someone is showing up, I can only be honest and hope that my thoughts connect and stimulate a deeper look inside oneself.”
97. “Don’t be late. If you want your clients and consumers to see you and take you seriously, you have to put yourself out there in a way that isn’t bashful about it. Someone whose identity is unknown
98. According to the words of Alan Young, “If you want to change the world, start by showing up for the people in it.”
99. “The energy we show up with is more often than not not the energy we encounter,” said someone who wishes to remain anonymous.
Put up an appearance for the people. Give what you are able to. Be selfless. When other people need your love, give it to them, even if you believe they do not deserve it. Do your best to help others. ” -Someone who is unknown
101. “When you are suffering, you will want someone to show up for you. Therefore, when other people are hurting, be there for them,” is a quote attributed to an unknown author.
102. According to the words of John Holmes, “There is no workout that is better for the heart than reaching down and raising others up.”
103. “If we want things to change, the first thing we need to do is alter ourselves. If we want to participate, if we want to make a difference in the world, the first step is to take the field and try to score. ” -Paul Rusesabagina
104. “We must be ready to let go of the life we planned in order to show up for the life that is waiting for us,” said someone who is not attributed in the quote.
Lessons to be Learned From the Quotations Should be Shown For Oneself
In conclusion, it is essential to prioritize making time for oneself on a consistent basis since you are the only one who has command over your own level of fulfillment and achievement.
Make the show up for yourself quotes a daily reminder to keep going ahead and to never give up on yourself by telling yourself that you deserve more.
You have the potential to achieve big things; now is the time to step up and show the world what you’re made of.
I am grateful that you took the time to visit.
Also, we would appreciate it if you could tell us which of the statements shown above speaks to you the most and why. What are your thoughts on this matter?
- The Sacred Message of Angel Number 222
- An Easy Way to Treat Your Anxiety
- Why We Can’t Seem to Move Forward and What to Do About It
- An Enlightening Overview of the Symbolism Behind Cherries
- How Does Numerology Work?